06 October 2009

All as well as can be considering the madness here.

  • I am currently working by candlelight in a small makeshift hospital I have set up in Chinatown with some medical students. Wound management, infections, new bandages, splints, etc.
  • Still no electricity.
  • Our tribe is safe and well. A few funerals to attend.
  • Swung a meeting with the US Navy, I will probably be hiking in to the outer regions to build Helicopter pads like I did in Pakistan. Then galvanize the communities to build shelter and bring in Medical.
  • IOM is here. They're interested in me working with them.
  • I might work for Surfaid on a maritime op on the Dbora up the coast. The outer edge of this disaster is dire...Absolutely no help up there.
  • Navy is talking about letting me parachute in with the boys as a guide.
Stay tuned.
More later. Sketchy internet here.

Be well.
Love to all, right in the pocket,
Onward,
~Matt

2 comments:

  1. much love to you, matthew. you're doing good work. love, jamie b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,
    I'm Colin, a friend of Cheryl's. Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you in Padang timing didn't work out, I managed to be of use with the team I was attached to though. All the best for your situation. I'll be raising awareness here and trying to get some donations in. Great work you're doing.
    Colin

    ReplyDelete